Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Candy Corn Comfort Food

As I sat down this morning and opened the payment schedule for my student loans, I felt an inexplicable need for comfort food. Caffeine too. Something about the phrase "variable interest" caused my stomach to call out for something both full of sugars and fats. Luckily, we had just the ingredients on hand to create a snack that was both fulfilling, as well as a little better for me than a butter scone.

I recommend pairing this delectable, Halloween-time snack with a strong sweet coffee (I used the Highlander Grog from Java Haute). A little heavy cream in the coffee and you are good to go.

While not technically a recipe, I feel this snack needs to be shared ... just in case there are those out there who are not partaking.

You will need:
A large bowl
Willpower

Ingredients:
Brach's ® Autumn Mix (or a mix of Indian Corn and Regular Candy Corn)
Honey Roasted Peanuts

Instructions:
Mix peanuts with candy in a large bowl. A ratio of approximately 3 peanuts to 1 candy corn works best. Enjoy liberally alongside coffee.

Caution ... eat in moderation. Will cause a stomachache.

No comments:

Post a Comment